As I've watched in disbelief the videos of the recent tsunami in Japan, I have wondered what I can do to help. Cars, boats, homes--all the worldly possessions of thousands of residents of the Tohoku region--seemed like toys in a bathtub or wading pool ... except that they were real.
Charles T. Whipple (a resident of Japan) contacted me this morning, offering to contribute the proceeds of his book A Matter of Tea to the tsunami victims. Please visit his blog and participate if you are able.
We extend our hopes and best wishes to the tsunami victims, and pray for their quick recovery.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Sunday, April 3, 2011
I received the following from Susan Freeze:
Whipple Family Reunion
June 3rd and 4th, 2011
Friday and Saturday
Just 4.3 miles East of Huntsville, UT
South Fork of the Ogden River
Get ready for the Old Style Reunion. There will be camping, fishing, games, geocaching, letterboxing, visiting and an old fashioned campfire with campfire stories and songs. Also the drawing for the Famous Reunion Quilt that Deborah, Susan and Mom (Illa) have been working on since last year's reunion.
- Friday start at 1:00 p.m. available for camp setup
- Friday 5 pm gather at bowery
- Friday 6 pm dinner (drink furnished)
- Saturday 8am to 9 am breakfast for the overnight campers (furnished)
- General camp activities
- Cleanup and depart by noon
- Craft to donate for the raffle
- Friday night dinner
- Camp chairs
- Camp gear (if camping)
- Fishing gear (if fishing)
- Camping games
- Warm clothing (gets cool at night)
- GPS (if you are going to Geocache)
- Money for the raffle and dues ($5.00 per family)
- Family photos
- What: Whipple Family Reunion
- Where: Camp Atoka (a church campground located 4.3 miles east of Huntsville, UT. Less than an hour's drive from downtown Salt Lake City)
- When: June 3rd and 4th 2011
- Why: Help you know who you are, and where you came from so you can determine where you would like to go.
- How: OK, too many questions. Just pack up and head to the reunion
- Susan Freeze (email@example.com) phone: 801-467-4446
- Bob Harvey (firstname.lastname@example.org) phone: 801-628-7211
- Deborah Goates (email@example.com) phone: 702-283-6095
- Steve Harvey (firstname.lastname@example.org phone) 801-825-1770