For Whipple relatives living near Chautauqua County, New York (Chautauqua is the western-most county in New York State):
The 90th Annual Whipple Reunion will meet at the Lake Chautauqua [New York] Lutheran Center on Sunday, August 15 at 12 noon.
The directions to the Lake Chautauqua Lutheran Camp from the Dunkirk-Fredonia Thruway Exit:
- Left on Bennett road (Bennett Road also Route 60) South to Cassadaga.
- In Cassadaga take a right on Maple Ave., and remain on this for 10 miles.
- Turn right on Centralia-Hartfield Road for 0.1 mile.
- Left on Elwood Road for 0.2 mile.
- Turn left on Route 430 for 9 miles (also called East Lake Road) and follow to Camp.
View Larger Map
A special thank you to Rich and Deb Stearns, who will host this year's event. The Whipple Reunion will provide coffee and lemonade, and we request that everyone please bring a dish to pass along with table service items, plates, cutlery, etc.
For those coming from long distances and do not have access to kitchen facilities, we suggest a stop by the super market for convenience food: cake, pie cookies, chips. We shall have the blessing and start the meal by 1:00 p.m. sharp.
There will never be a fee for the Whipple Reunion. The rental for the Lutheran Camp is $75.00, and other expenses have come into play since last year. In the past, we have raised money for the Whipple Reunion through the White Elephant sales and passed the hat for postal expenses on the flyer.
Send comments or questions to Kenneth L. Vogt (firstname.lastname@example.org).